NEODYMIUM and FERRO magnets: Instructions for safe handling


Children can swallow small magnets. If multiple magnets are swallowed, they can lodge in the intestines and cause life-threatening complications.

Magnets are not toys! Make sure the magnets are out of the reach of children.


Magnets are metal and conduct electricity. Children can try to stick magnets into a socket and get electrocuted.

Magnets are not toys! Make sure the magnets are out of the reach of children.


  • Large magnets have a very strong pull. If handled carelessly, you can pinch your fingers or skin between two magnets. This can lead to bruising and bruising in the affected areas.
  • Very large magnets can cause broken bones due to their force.

Wear thick protective gloves when handling larger magnets.



Magnets can affect the function of cardiac pacemakers and implanted defibrillators.

  • A pacemaker can go into test mode and cause discomfort.
  • A defibrillator may stop working.
  • When wearing such devices, keep a sufficient distance from magnets.
  • Warn those wearing such devices not to approach magnets.

Heavy objects

WarningSchwere Gegenstände

Excessive or jerky loads, signs of fatigue and material defects can lead to a magnet or magnetic hook detaching from its adhesive base. Falling objects can cause serious injuries.

  • The specified adhesive force is only achieved under ideal conditions. Calculate a high safety factor.
  • Do not use magnets in locations where personal injury may result if the material fails.

Metal Shards


Neodymium magnets are brittle. When two magnets collide, they can shatter. Sharp splinters can be thrown meters away and injure your eyes.

  • Avoid collisions from magnets.
  • Wear safety goggles when handling larger magnets.
  • Make sure bystanders are also protected or keep their distance.

Magnetic Field

Be carefulFeldstärke

Magnets create a far-reaching, powerful magnetic field. Among other things, they can damage televisions and laptops, computer hard drives, credit cards and debit cards, data carriers, mechanical clocks, hearing aids and loudspeakers.

  • Keep magnets away from all devices and objects that can be damaged by strong magnetic fields.
  • Refer to our recommended spacing table.


Be carefulEnflammbarkeit

When machining neodymium magnets mechanically, the drill dust can easily ignite.

Do not work on magnets or use suitable tools and enough cooling water.

Nickel allergy

Be carefulAllergie

Many of our magnets have coatings that contain nickel.

  • Some people are allergic to contact with nickel.
  • Nickel allergies can develop from prolonged contact with nickel-plated objects.

  • Avoid prolonged skin contact with nickel-plated magnets.
  • Do not handle magnets if you already have a nickel allergy.

Air Freight

Be carefulAllergie
  • Ship magnets by air only in packaging with adequate magnetic shielding.
  • Observe the relevant regulations.

Mail delivery

Be carefulPostversand
  • Note our shipping tips.
  • Use a generously sized box and use padding to place the magnets in the center of the package.
  • Arrange the magnets in a pack so that the magnetic fields cancel each other out.
  • If necessary, use iron sheets to shield the magnetic field.
  • Stricter rules apply to shipping by air freight: Note the warning "Air freight".

Effect on humans


According to the current state of knowledge, magnetic fields from permanent magnets have no measurable positive or negative effects on humans. A health hazard from the magnetic field of a permanent magnet is unlikely, but cannot be completely ruled out.

  • For your safety, avoid constant contact with the magnets.
  • Keep large magnets at least three feet away from your body.

Coating chipping off


Most of our neodymium magnets have a thin nickel-copper-nickel coating to protect against corrosion. This coating can chip or crack from collisions or high pressure. This makes the magnets more sensitive to environmental influences such as moisture and they can oxidize.

  • Separate large magnets, especially spheres, with a piece of cardboard.
  • In general, avoid collisions between magnets and repeated mechanical loads (e.g.B blows).

Oxidation, corrosion, rust


Untreated neodymium magnets oxidize very quickly and disintegrate in the process. Most of our magnets have a thin nickel-copper-nickel coating to protect against corrosion. This coating offers some protection against corrosion, but is not durable enough for continuous outdoor use.

  • Only use the magnets in dry indoor areas or protect the magnets from environmental influences.
  • Avoid damaging the coating.

Temperature resistance


Neodymium magnets have a maximum operating temperature of 80 to 200 °C. Most neodymium magnets permanently lose part of their adhesive force at temperatures above 80 °C.

  • Do not use the magnets in places where they will be exposed to excessive heat.
  • If you use an adhesive, do not cure it with hot air.

Mechanical processing


Neodymium magnets are brittle, sensitive to heat, and oxidize easily.

  • Drilling or sawing a magnet with an unsuitable tool can break the magnet.
  • The resulting heat can demagnetize the magnet.
  • Due to the damaged coating, the magnet will oxidize and decay.

Don't mechanically work on magnets unless you have the necessary machinery and experience.


Forgot your password?

Don't have an account yet?
Create account